UDC respect your privacy and are committed to its protection. We will endeavor to collect and use personal data only to the extent that it may be needed for UDC deliver its products, services, website (the “Website”) (together, our “Services”).
In this policy, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to UDC. The terms “you” and “your” refer to the user of the Website.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data includes information such as your:
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- And any other data collected that could, directly or indirectly, be used to identify you.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on the Website, including the information that we collect from you when you register to use the Website (name, telephone number, email address, home address, password and, in some cases, billing address and credit card information). If you attend classes at UDC and you wish to access your account details through the Website or the App, you will be asked to confirm your email address and password.
- Details of any transactions you carry out or any orders you make through the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of our correspondence, including when you report a problem with the Website, provide feedback regarding any of our Services, or apply for a job or volunteer position at UDC.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys on our Services for market research purposes and collect your answers to these surveys. These surveys are not compulsory and you do not have to respond to them.
We use this data for the purposes of delivering the Services and providing you with prompt and helpful customer service. In particular, we use your personal data to.
- Provide you with news and updates on our Services, including updates on our Website, the App, and any changes in our policies, procedures or Terms and Conditions.
- Contact you for feedback about our Services.
- Complete your purchases or contact form
- Contact you for marketing and promotional purposes, unless you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes.
If you provide us with personal information about others, for example for the purposes of our referral rewards scheme, we will only use that information for the purposes for which it was provided to us.
We may also collect certain data automatically, including but not limited to details of your visits to the Website, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is aggregated and does not identify any individual. It is used for system administration and may also be reported to our advertisers.
Our Services are not intended for those under the age of 13 and we will not knowingly collect personal data from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through the Website or App represents to us that they are 13 years of age or older. If we discover that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with personal data, we will endeavor to delete such data as soon as reasonably practicable. Please contact us at info@UDCqa.com you know or are concerned that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with personal data.
DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
As with all information transmitted over the Internet, security cannot be guaranteed. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take reasonable precautions to try to prevent unauthorized access.
UDC will retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and, thereafter, only for legitimate legal or business purposes, including:
- As mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- To preserve, resolve, defend or enforce our legal or contractual rights;
- As necessary to maintain accurate business and financial records.
DATA TRANSFER, SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
The personal data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the EEA, including in the USA. Where necessary, it may also be shared with and processed by one of our trusted third party service providers, including our instructors, so that they may perform services on our behalf. Such services may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting contests or surveys.
- Performing analysis of our Services and customer demographics.
- Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery.
- Customer relationship management.
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated in accordance with this policy by any party with whom it is shared.
We may disclose personal data if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order or process, in connection with litigation, to prevent or stop illegal activity, or to protect our property and rights, or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person.
By providing your personal data to us, you agree to any such transfer, sharing, disclosure and processing of that personal data, as described above.
ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
You may correct, amend, or delete your personal data by editing your profile on the Site or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have a right to access a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Any request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in responding to such a request.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1 998, the data controller is UDC